View Single Post
Old 29-06-2018, 21:42   #3333
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, you can, Andrew. As I keep saying, you need to think outside the box.

Just bake another cake. Simples.

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

What they want and what they will get might be two different things!

It will be a virtual border, monitored by technology. The EU is trying to make that idea appear nonsense to get leverage, but in fact it is perfectly possible. There will also be monitoring with cameras, but not necessarily on the actual border itself.

My bet is on the 'maximum facilitation' method or a variant of it. That makes perfect sense to me.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

That may be their stance, but that's just to keep the pressure up to intimidate Brussells and the remainer extremists.

As long as we secure a dealmwith the EU that provides for us to trade with the rest of the wofld outside of the EU's jurisdiction, I am sure that most Brexiteers will be satisfied.

If we end up with WTO rules, that will be a Brussells failure, and they will live to regret it.
em the EU have laid out there position it the uk Government that cant decide what they want OB

Last edited by Dave42; 29-06-2018 at 22:18.