View Single Post
Old 25-06-2018, 13:56   #60
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Virgin Media UK to axe V Boxes from August

Quote:
Quote from TheWatcher:

Is it just because the Cisco is HD?
It's not so much that it's HD but that it supports the MPEG4 streams that VM is switching all the channels over to eventually. The better codec (H264 I Think) will allow for more content and/or better PQ.

It also has the incidental advantage of a down scaled SCART socket output so I can used my DVD/HDD recorder and the modulator.

We never seem to need to record much content so a TIVO or V6 is of limited interest.