View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 08:55   #66
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
Thats what Ive decided to do. I rang up yesterday to ask how much 100mb on its own will be. He told me £38 after the new price rise. He tried his best to get me to keep phone and tv, offering me the V6 with no strings attached ( ie no monthly fee) then he told me he would discount the £3.99 rise. I asked him how long for and he said 6 months.
I told him thats what I was fed up with, ringing up every 6 months negotiating a new deal with another 12 months contract !
Meanwhile I rang sky after seeing their variety package was on offer for £25 a month for 18 months. She offered me the next package up, which is the box set bundle for the same price (£25)
I havent got a dish up or I would have gone freesat now, so my plan is, keep the virgin broadband, bin the phone and tv, go with the sky box set for 18 months and when thats ended go freesat
If it's a Sky Q box you're getting, make sure you tell Sky (when ordering?) that you want a hybrid LNB or when you switch to Freesat you'll not get a signal. Might be wrong but I think Sky should oblige (especially if they want your business).

Cheers

Dave
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote