View Single Post
Old 17-08-2015, 14:15   #5976
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Me, too, Den. I think that BT see themselves as a serious player in the area of TV content and they shouldn't be under-estimated.

They took a risk in setting up their own sports channels, and the coming launch of AMC indicates to me that they are intent on setting up their own TV channel packages as direct competition to Sky. They've got a way to go yet, but they are off to a flying start!
Couldn't agree more, BT's BB speeds will be up to 500Mbs within 5 years and G.Fast technology will enable most subscribers to achieve at least 50MBs - enough to carry numerous 4k channels (only live channels need higher speeds). Starting from the lowest number of installed TV boxes (about 1M), BT will have lower install costs than VM (4M boxes to replace) and Sky (10M boxes to replace). 4k TV prices will drop like a stone this year and people will want content to suit - I've already seen one 40" 4k TV selling at £239 (Hisense).
tassiekev is offline   Reply With Quote