View Single Post
Old 18-02-2021, 09:56   #448
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I'm shocked at your second sentence The EU wants to stop us being a successful competitor and the evidence stares you in the face.
The fish business - we can't land molluscs; they won't grant financial equivalence even though that equivalence is baked into our current legislation and regulations - to name just two. Plus the treaty terms on which they insisted regarding diversion from their rules. What evidence is there to the contrary of my assertion?

Your first paragraph is plain ridiculous (red highlight). You introduce a straw man of what Boris is not doing, and a far fetched straw man at that.

What a pity that you've got nothing better to say. Sorry.
We specifically rejected equivalence with EU rules to much cheering if I remember - sovereignty and all that. That means we are a third country and are being treated as such.

The EU is by its very nature a protectionist organisation with rules which favour its' member states and businesses within. The UK electorate voted to reject the protection of the single market both at the referendum and subsequent general elections. It's what the majority of the public wanted
jonbxx is offline   Reply With Quote