View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 09:34   #87
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one
Re: What have you fixed lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Gutty horrible job. Still you'll have saved plenty on garage bills at an expensive time of year.

I did one last year on the Metro and it was even worse as one of the securing bolts on the lower wishbone wouldn't come undone, the captive nut had become un-captive and it's inside a sealed subframe section. can't even pop a dab of weld on it without cutting an access hole.

Ended up grinding and drilling the ball joint rivets out in situe. Horrid as Rover seemed to have made them from the toughest, hardest steel on the planet. At least both sides are now fitted with bolts so next time the wishbones can stay put.

I wish I had done the same as you. I could take the main 160mm x 12mm out but everything inside of the rubber bits had seized, I had use a disc cutter to cut the old arm in two and then the bolt I had to grind the metal and burn the rubber off with a blow torch... 4 hours later!!!. I wish I had bought a new bolt.

Mainly done but for one bolt on the small rubber end to screw up....
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote