View Single Post
Old 16-09-2019, 20:58   #56
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Those who support him would say exactly what you do though. For me, that doesn't wash. It makes the protestors look worse and Boris look statesmanlike if he perseveres and remains reasonable. He's there to get a deal, with a democratic mandate to leave after all...
For all the contempt in which I hold Boris Johnson I think it is also clear the PM of Luxembourg didn't need to hold a press conference next to an empty podium, it was pretty barbed diplomacy to say the least. I don't think they planned it but when the U.K Government clearly wanted to skip the conference the diplomatic approach would be been to join them, not hold it anyway.

Put it this way. If Macron had come to the U.K only to be met with some very loud yellow vest protestors he had wanted to avoid only for Boris Johnson to stand outside with an empty podium anyway we would, rightly, be condemning him for it.

Last edited by Damien; 16-09-2019 at 21:02.