Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2019, 11:05   #1026
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
Or are they waiting to see if UHD really does take off before throwing more money at it?
I think the majority of people aren't that bothered
Well, if you go into John Lewis, the vast number of UHD TVs for sale may surprise you. Most of the sets displayed in our branch are now UHD. As people need to replace their existing sets for the main room, this really is the choice that there is.

I do think a great many people are interested in UHD and HDR - these will be the most common TV sets in the future. It's not the same as 3D - I could never see that taking off because of the need to wear those ridiculous glasses.

The next big thing will be 8K, and that is unlikely to be as popular because the picture improvement that goes with it is only noticeable on the really massive screens.

---------- Post added at 11:05 ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Very true, I think Bloodline is on Netflix as well.
Yes, it is, I enjoyed watching Bloodline.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote