View Single Post
Old 15-08-2008, 23:19   #14185
Hank

Cool Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephormation View Post
Proof, if proof were needed, that if the Police choose to do so they will apply RIPA civilians... Glenn Mulcaire in 2007.

It helps if the victim is a member of a Royal Family.
If you know the history here, skip 2 para's...

Welcome new posting members to the forum thread here. Despite the unfortunate post earlier there are some here who are not "phorm-hat3rs" but just think it is wrong to intercept communication without either a legal warrant to do so, or (as required under law) the consent of both parties in the communication.

I have personally tried to report the admission by BT of their interceptions in 2006 & 2007 to my local police service, but they told me it was not their responsibility. They said I had to refer it to The Interception of Communication Commissioner in London (Sir Paul Kennedy). Sir Paul's office said no, it's not us, it IS the police. So I was back to them again. Then they said, you have no evidence you were a victim of the alleged crime and BT having offices in this county is not a reason for us to investigate it, hence no reported crime number.

Today:

Good news, perhaps!

Regular readers of my contrbiution will know I said that I had to help another person with major issues on their BT Broaband which worked for several months and then stopped working. This person saves everything, there's a file or envelope for every item of paperwork. I had a dream a few weeks ago, a dream that the issue included display of "Sysip" on the web browser status bar and far too many similarites to the issues others described.

I remembered in my dream that I was on the phone for long periods of time (holding) and that BT "lost" details of my previous calls. Quite odd.

The good news is... I do now have that evidence. I was indeed a victim during the BT trials. I spend HOURS and HOURS, frustrated during the time I was not hard at work earning a salary, trying to help someone get their PC working as it should with access to the internet which they had enjoyed until the trial started.

I have only acquired this detail today. Dates, times, telephone numbers and IVR details ("Push 1 for x, push 2 for y" etc), names of BT reps, call information, reference numbers, suggested possible causes and how they turned out to be false etc.

BT KNOWS they were running a trial of Phorm/121 Media systems at the time. They know now, and I suspect looking at my notes that the people I dealt with knew at the time (even if it was not the call handling operatives, their senior managers knew). I will be copying and sending to the police as the additional information "As a victim of their interception carried out without legal warrant and without my consent".

If anyone else here has progressed any such report I would like info on the process and their experience.

I am not a "Phorm hater" (capitalisation on proper nouns is important, don't you think?) and although I am sure Alexander gets emotionally engaged because he feels passionately that there is a cause to pursue, I don't think that his blog is in any way grotty. I have not listened to the audio, I don't think I need to, my own experience is that the police service are not equipped to deal with this issue, there are big issues for them to deal with, but they can't just ignore this. And we don't know what decisions are being taken behind the scenes at a higher level...

After my last ditch attempt to progress here, it will be off to the EU and Commissioner Redding.

Existing members here - stay with it. New members, don't drop out because of one bad night. There's always a big negative debate when news which is anti-Phorm is published (don't know why, but it is true, every time)

Hank