View Single Post
Old 10-09-2004, 15:10   #215
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Re: Want ADSL?-Read on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadKenny
Okay, BT line is booked, though they can't do it until 1st October.
That's only a couple of weeks away.

[QUOTE=DeadKenny]Slight problem, they don't believe there's ever been a BT line there, even though there's a BT socket in the house. Hmm, exactly what NTL said when I got hooked up with them :suspect:.
If there's a BT socket in the house, then BT installed it at some stage.

Quote:
I'm 99% certain the person there before me had BT as when I moved in I got NTL put in (the NTL cable was up to the house but not to my flat), and so there was only a BT socket at the time. It says 'BT' on it and unless the person before had been living there for 9 years without ever having activated it, it must have been BT.

So anyway, they're charging me £75
I am certain that you don't have to pay this, & the fact that you have a BT socket in the house supports the fact that it is a reconnection (which is free)

Quote:
Porting the number was easy, although they've said I'll never be able to use Call Minder, 1471 or Call Return with a ported number. Still, at least I get get Caller Display and know it'll work with my phone which is more than can be said for NTL.
Not to mention an upload speed of 256k (which I know you've wanted for a long time. )

[Edit] http://www.bt.com/reconnect/index.js...K&obsOID=83045

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT
To find out if your property has previously had a BT line, look for a white BT phone socket, which you will find on your wall. If you find one, this may give an indication that you can get connected*

*Please note that some properties may have a white BT socket installed e.g. new property development, this will classify as a new connection and free reconnection will not apply.
Your property is not new, & must have had a BT phone line in 9 years ago surely, as ntl (Cabletel) weren't around in your area were they?
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote