View Single Post
Old 13-09-2020, 20:26   #9947
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
I’m not saying they can’t but I also don’t find it realistic they would make a bid for the majority and somehow absorb that cost into Prime... I’m just speculating based on their current strategy of having enough to make a Prime sub worthwhile (or retain those subs). I fully expect Amazon to be in the mix but I think they’ll be after a package or two across a season that would help retain year long Prime subs.
They would have to pay a lot more for one of the 5 season long packages - they were virtually given the package they currently have as the EPL created it specifically for a streamer.

I agree, a season long package would help retain year long Prime subs - however the cost would outweigh the benefit, unless they charged extra for the football (this of course would defeat the object)
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote