Thread: PS5 thread
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2019, 21:51   #12
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: PS5 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I used that term to explain the PS4 Pro issue, what is happening is people that have earlier models of the console pre 7216b have noted that when running it with a 4K TV there is a good chance it will sound like a 'Jet Engine' you only have to google PS4 Pro jet engine to see the reports but the same console is quiet when using it with a 1080P TV.

My 7216b is dead quiet, i was concerned before i bought it as it would drive my partner nuts but she says it is quieter than my old PS4 1TB, even playing taxing games like GOW and RDR2.

p.s just about to send you a PSN invite i guess martymcfly88 is the correct one?
Using it in boost mode on a q080p tv I can't say it's that quiet, the fans do kick in majorly. If I turn off boost and it's essentially just running games the same as the standard console then it's pretty quiet. Boost still uses all the extra cpu and gpu power to output a better experience.

Yes that's still my ID although currently not able to login. I forgot my psn was linked to my old ntlworld email which I no longer have. So can't reset my password. Sony won't let me change the email ID as I can't send them a copy of my passport as it's expired and I don't have a drivers licence. Trying to sort something out though.