Thread: Football Season 22-23
View Single Post
Old 28-12-2022, 17:38   #144
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Season 22-23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
The defending is also of concern, aways defeats of 3 - 0, 4 - 0, 5 - 0 & 6 - 0.
Twice losing at home 2 - 3. Scoring a goal or two (home or away) isnt much use when you are conceeding so many.
Tbf Paul most teams will lose to Man City and Arsenal away heavily. We have, at least, played 3 of the top 7 teams away as well as recent champions (Leicester).

Our one away goal (well, we might have more if VAR didn't happen) got us a point at Everton and could have been 3 if we'd held onto the lead. Likewise the 3-2 at home vs Fulham and Bournemouth were disappointing because we were ahead in both games but we have been better at that recently.

There's plenty of room for improvement but we had to settle 22 new players in the summer and with another about to be registered and who knows what we will bring in during the window, hopefully not too many as we really only need a striker who can hold it up better than the ones we have. But not everyone is going to be able to afford a Haaland or an Alvarez or a Rashford in the window so we're not going to be getting an established PL player there either. If we can get a mobile CB that would be nice too but actually I think Boly alongside one of the 3 from last season would probably be OK.

As for last night it was important we held on and didn't do anything silly at the back. Then someone decided not to mark Rashford (don't get zonal marking at all) and gave him a free sandwich, er I mean shot. He wasn't going to miss that. I don't think the 2nd was a keeping error. He was wrong footed by it bouncing and going through Boly's legs and was largely unsighted until late on yet managed to get a hand on it, unfortunately that wasn't enough to tip it wide, which perhaps made it look worse than if he'd not got to it at all. Then we have Dennis being silly as per usual and giving the ball away in a dangerous area and they got a 3rd. But largely we didn't do too badly and it could have easily been another 5 or 6 but I don't think many would have expected us to get anything at all really.

At worst we go down and keep the squad for promotion again next season.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote