View Single Post
Old 26-08-2017, 02:06   #2351
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I think they use donated unused capacity, so that's why they have to move about a lot. Odd that they don't just simulcast the satellite/cable feed to retain their EPG slot on Freeview until more capacity becomes available.
They did use donated capacity. I really don't know what has changed, it's not like there is heavy demand for COM8. With recent departures from the temporary muxes, including the Viacom 18 channels, there should be lots of spare capacity to "donate".

Community Channel has recently departed from it's original "community" remit, showing commercially produced content previously shown on other channels. Perhaps the commercial channels are complaining that CC has gifted carriage but is showing commercially produced content.

Although I was previously told that the Freeview channel is showing different content to the main channel, I have compared the Freeview EPG guide with the official CC listings and they look pretty similar to me. So I'm not quite sure where that suggestion came from, unless someone is aware of plans to schedule different content in the coming weeks.

The timing of this, the lack of notice and the Freeview re-branding is quite odd.