View Single Post
Old 16-01-2019, 18:46   #3
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media setup nightmare

VM are notorious for over subscribing areas where there are known capacity issues so as much as I would like to think they are waiting for some planned relief work to happen before they add any new customers I doubt it is the case.
If there is an issue, especially with over subscription, there should be a fault reference for it which you can keep track of progress wise. If I were you I would ring back and make a complaint, explain the history and politely tell them you want to know why there has been a delay and when they plan to get you up and running.

As you mentioned that you live in a building with other wireless access points detected (perhaps a block of flats) I am wondering if the reason is more technical and perhaps they have filled the number of ports available in the cabinet/box for your building? This is the kind of thing you need to ask so at least you understand whether or not there is a possibility of you being connected at all and if you need to look elsewhere.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote