View Single Post
Old 16-01-2019, 14:07   #1
imanolbarba
Inactive

imanolbarba is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Media setup nightmare

Hi everyone!

First post here, I'm new to the UK and VM and I haven't still been able to get my connection set up, I'll explain my situation:

I tried to order 350M around November 10th , and while it said it on the website that it was available in my address, they said outright that it'd have to be 200M because "The installation in the property is old" or something of the sort.

Bummed out, but resolved I said OK, and then they said that it'd take 7 working days to get it done because there were some "capacity issues" in the area. After 7 days I asked again, then it was 5 days, after that they "didn't know", and then they upgraded to 1-2 months, and on December 21st they called me to say "up to 90 days"

Feeling like they were taking the piss, I looked out for other providers, but they offer tops 75Mbps (most 67) in my area (I'm in Brixton), and I wanted at least 100M, since I have a server and other assorted gimmicks going on.

I honestly don't want to be their client, but I decided to wait. However, I've been thinking: I don't know what they are actually doing, there might be some workings underway to improve the equipment so they have extra capacity or it may very well be that they're waiting for someone to leave VM so they get some capacity back, and seeing all the Wireless APs starting with "VM" in my building I doubt that will be anytime soon.

For the time being, I bought 4G equipment to at least have internet, but it's 10-15 Mbps...

My questions are:

1. Have you had similar experiences with VM when setting up, or know something about it?

2. Do you think they are taking the piss and I should leave them and resign myself with 75 Mbps or wait until they get it done, knowing it may take 2 months?

Thanks!
imanolbarba is offline   Reply With Quote