View Single Post
Old 24-07-2018, 17:38   #8386
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan247 View Post
With the loss of UKTV channels on VM from this weekend VM have tried to sweeten the pot with some replacement channels.

Comparing the channels lost and gained I am not sure most customers will think they have got a good deal. But as always VM were never to consider a price reduction.

The addition of Freesports (which i sometimes watch on freeview/freesat) is welcome addition for me as a sports fan. VM are also giving Premier Sport HD for free for 2 months which i will take advantage of. If this was going to be a permanent arrangement with the channel bundled in a package that would have been great . sadly not.

But as I am already shelling out well over £100pm (and regular price increases to boot) I simply refuse to pay any more. I cant afford ay more tbh.

The problem these days with sports rights is that there are becoming too many players in the market. With Sky Sports. BT Sport, Premier Sport, Boxnation and now another provider in Eleven Sports coming onto the scene it is getting too expensive to watch everything via standalone packages for I would say 99% of punters.

I recall a few years ago Premier Sport was a available without subscription for a
temporary period. I dont think they were overwhelmed with new subscribers once the free trial ended.

And they wonder why people still go down the route of illegal streams.
Freesports is really welcome as they have been showing the NASCAR races NBC have the rights to in the States. The other broadcasting rights held by Fox are being shown on Premier Sports which, oddly enough appears to be free at the moment on Full House. I am not sure if this is just a trial or VM have added it as one of the sweeteners.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote