Old 29-01-2011, 20:06   #66
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Total Nonstop Action - TNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
I wonder if Vince thought WWF would ever be as big as WCW when they were poaching all his stars and killing his viewing figures, it only takes one wrestler and one angle to turn things round and funnily enough quite a TNA wrestlers turn up on WWE after getting fired/released, Awsome Kong & Consequences Creed for example but yeah your right the entire roster can't wait to go over to WWE development and become the next Chris Harris.
I think Vince realised as long as he could keep WWE's head above water they'd win in the end. WCW was deficit-spending like mad, they were losing about 2 million dollars a week from contracts and poor booking. As long as Ted Turner kept bailing them out they'd be ok but he had the AOL-Time Warner shareholders to appease and they weren't going to support a take-over while Bischoff was spending their money like it was going out of style. I've spoken to former WCW wrestler Robbie brookside about this, he said backstage at their shows was absolute chaos, not even the ring announcers and play-by-play guys would know what was going to happen 10 minutes from the start of the show. You can't keep a business going with that level of disorganisation. If anyone had a question about what was happening, he said you had to go to about 10 different people who would give 10 different answers. WWE has always had a different yet simple policy: if you have any questions, ask Vince.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote