View Single Post
Old 17-08-2019, 20:03   #6113
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
True, I just wondered if Sky would want to beef up their UHD lineup in return for letting VM have their UHD content.
I think that would be a good thing to do in exchange for Sky Atlantic and the back catalogue on demand.

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The point I'm making is Sky could just as easily negotiate with the rights holders of the shows (non exclusive) on there direct and add to its On Demand service.

Sky currently seem to be letting channels go not adding them.
They could, I guess, but they haven't done so.

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Actually The Rook is not exclusive to VM it is part of Starz play which is also part of Amazon prime addon channels.
VMs UHD channel is indeed a welcome addition but it is shows that can be found on other services so far from exclusive i'm afraid.
If they wanted SKY and BT could make a offer to carry Starz play too, it is not a exclusive VM contract.
I haven't double-checked this, but I thought I had read that The Rook was exclusive to VM.

Happy to be corrected, though.

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Yes my apologies to OB, i use starz play usa.
That'll teach me to jump before i look lol.
Ah, thanks, that explains it!