View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 15:31   #3556
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Which is why you create your own build with none of that paid junk which can go down anytime.
Interesting without my vpn on SKYsports is hit n miss on kodi, however with vpn on it is flawless.
Those who bought fully loaded boxes may indeed be at risk but those like me who bought a perfectly legit android tv box and created their own build and use a vpn will be fine.
Someone like you who knows what they are doing will be fine, but there are many IT illiterate gullible souls who can find themselves in all sorts or trouble not only from the powers that be but from their fully loaded box, downloaded build or wizard.
I've posted elsewhere on these forums the dangers of these so wont repeat myself except to say there are many people that have fallen for the Kodi=free TV BS and have now potentially opened up their personal accounts, home networks and any devices attached to it to a potential world of pain.

To give a couple of examples of my points,
an old friend posted up on Facebook that they were going to buy a "Kodi box", this is a grammar school and university educated man who at the time was quite high up in the training department for a major high street bank.
I was a lone voice telling him not to buy it and all the dangers associated with it, he didn't even know all the sources were illegal, but as I was drowned out by a hundred other voices telling him to buy it and Kodi is the best thing since sliced bread he went ahead and bought it.
A couple of months later he's posting that Kodi is a load of rubbish and his cards have been scammed!

My second example is of an online protocol that predates the world wide web,
a few years ago there was a website that made using this protocol very easy, they soon gained over half a million members, I knew people who could barely turn on a PC who were members and lo and behold after a couple of years this site was forced to close after legal threats.
For full disclosure I still use this protocol to supplement my media but I know from the experience of trying to explain it to people it is beyond your average Joe to use and sufficiently under the radar again so that its only hassle is (easily circumvented) DMCA takedowns.