View Single Post
Old 27-03-2013, 15:19   #730
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Rebecca Lowe signs for NBC

NBC announced the first piece of their Premier League coverage, showing immediate signs that the network isn't hear to "Americanize" the game.

Former ESPN UK host Rebecca Lowe has signed a multi-year deal to host EPL coverage for NBC, which will be across multiple networks starting in August, according to a network press release. Richard Deitsch of Sports Illustrated broke the story yesterday. Lowe will be relocating from England to host from NBC's International Broadcast Center in Stamford, Connecticut. Lowe has worked for Setanta Sports and BBC, in addition to ESPN UK over in England.

"I'm about to begin the most exciting chapter of my life," said Lowe. "Joining NBC to present the Premier League is an enormous privilege. Not only do I get to combine my love of football and of TV presenting, but I'm getting the chance to do that in a new country, which poses a real challenge. I'm impatient for the summer to come, and inspired by NBC's outlook on putting live football on the telly...as we say in England."

"Rebecca has the perfect combination of soccer knowledge and perspective to lead our viewers through all the drama and excitement of Premier League," added Pierre Moossa, Coordinating Producer, NBC Sports Group Soccer. "When we started the talent search, Rebecca was our top choice as host, and we are extremely fortunate to have her join our team"

NBC owns the rights to every English Premier League match beginning with the 2013-14 season. Games will be aired live via NBC, NBC Sports Network, NBCSports.com, Telemundo and mun2, in addition to extra streaming platforms.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/26/41...er-league-host
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote