Thread: Tivo V6 Set up V6
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2018, 12:08   #1
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold
Set up V6

I have ordered 2 new V6's.

Neither is going to be near my Superhub 3 though it will all be downstairs. Superhub is in dining room with a V6 in both the adjacent conservatory and the front lounge.

However i dont want to have the boxes (ethernet) cabled to the Hub. I dont want cables round the house and walls drilled through etc.

I have a few questions about setting up and using wi-fi or powerline adapters.

I have read the V6 should be connected by ethernet cable to the Superhub for the initial set up. Can you simply move the V6 afterwards and connect via wi-fi or powerline to the hub? (obviously where there is a Virgin Media Cable box)

My Wi-fi should be ok. The boxes are all on the same floor as the Superhub with only internal stud walls between them. Both boxes will be about 25 feet or less from the hub. I have other streaming devices such as Firesticks, smart TV, roku and apple tv connected to the network and have had no issues with streaming on any of them.

I also have a couple of (old) powerline adapters I could use for one of the V6 if needed . These are Solwise 500 AV HomePlug 500Mbps adapters. Would these be suitable (ie powerful enough) to use for the V6?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by cityfan247; 31-01-2018 at 12:12.
cityfan247 is offline   Reply With Quote