View Single Post
Old 20-11-2017, 20:47   #74
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: More VM Jobs could be lost to the Philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I get free legal advice as part of the deal with our company legal people, otherwise, yes, it wouldn't be worth it (the STB only cost £50). I guess that companies realise this and that's how they manage to fob most people off, even when they have a legitimate case.

Yes, plenty. I expect people to be able to do the job that they are being paid to do in a competent fashion, or they shouldn't be doing it. I personally think that it's ridiculous to complain to a company about a product and be told that they don't sell them!!!

This includes myself too, the fact that my brain injury prevents me from giving 100% is the reason why I have discharged many of my duties on the grounds of disability and now only work part time.

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

The legal bods (and the ASA) said that as it was known that the iPlayer was due to stop working, that this was not mentioned in any advertising or product description prior to purchase and that this advertising was still taking place that it was false advertising. I was awarded compensation and a free Now TV box to enable me to continue using the iPlayer.

Sainsbury's decided to stop selling them rather than amend their advertisements.
Free to you, not the company - they lost the "opportunity costs".

If they were doing it free for you, they weren’t doing something that added value to the company that paid their wages.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote