View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 11:02   #6100
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
I went for my medication review at the GP's this morning - I got one of my pills taken off down to 15 a day

Then he told me I need two new ones - so it's up to 17 and 5 injections a day.

On the plus side my blood pressure was normal which was great
Normal until Natalie comes by eh??.... *

Sorry to hear about the meds though. Our youngest is on 3 different ones for his epilepsy and they're still not controlling his fits. Looks like he's going to need another change.

* offered in the 'happy' spirit of the thread

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Anyway our happy thought of the day came yesterday when Osem snr. managed to get his first match report published on an internet site. Entirely by his own efforts, the lad's made good contacts with our local 'Conference League' team for whom he writes regularly in the match programme. More recently he's got the attention of the website owners and represented the site at the match earlier in the week. Evidently, he sat in the press box and wrote his notes then came home and worked on it until midnight before emailing his final report. I must say what I read was much better than I'd thought it'd be. There were one or two things I'd have changed of course and a couple of minor mistakes but, all in all, it was very good. He even tells me some live commentary work may be coming his way soon! So it looks like we now have a budding karate club sensei and sports journalist on our hands. Who'd have thought?...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote