View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 16:34   #76
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview channel renumbering and hours changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
RXTVlog updated their article. Apparently Freeview wrongly reported TJC SD on 49 was closing at the same time the similar PBS America mistake happened.

I was about to tell them the on-screen message suggested it was moving rather than closing on 49 when I noticed they had changed that bit of the article.

So, the question now is, which multiplex is it moving to? The available spaces with the same coverage are all on the multiplex it is already on.
Unexpectedly TJC SD has moved to COM4. Unexpected because there was no known space on this multiplex!

It has already moved. I got the initial news from @ukdtt on Twitter and have confirmed it myself using my own TV.

There is apparently a 17th stream on COM4 now.

It is likely encoder upgrades have enabled this. So I'd imagine we can expect some of the other multiplexes will follow eventually. COM5 and COM6 have 16 video streams normally these days.

Note: This is in reference to full video streams, not channels or services in general, because there are radio stations and channels that time share on streams.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 06-01-2020 at 16:37.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote