View Single Post
Old 24-08-2019, 17:25   #6191
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Now I know that this is all a big wind-up on your part. If it’s the law, they have to comply.

Maybe they will set a timeline on it. After all, if your TV or washing machine stops working then it stops working and you have to get another one. I’m not clear on why you think this is any different.
A law has to be enforceable to ensure compliance. Do people exceed the speed limit? Do people illegally stream television? Of course. Yet these are illegal.

So if a retailer, such as Amazon, is shipping televisions from abroad will we ban them from entering the UK unless there's a guarantee the software will be maintained for ten years?

Add into the mix I'm sure the nations that are major manufacturers of televisions wouldn't particularly like this kind of rule for one small country. It'd never get through trade negotiations.