View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 23:04   #287
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Florida Shooting: 17 Students Shot dead in another Mass Shooting in the U.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
The NRA brigade and it's members really are mocking this London murders being higher than New York and attributing it to banning guns and any other weapon, they firmly believe in the right to bear arms, is a pure birth right to them.
The problem with Guns in the US is, IMO, the NRA. Not only does it seem they are actively promoting the sale of guns, but it seems they are also going out of their way to actively block any attempt to restrict the sale of guns, and even research into the effects of guns on society.

Introducing more guns into our society will not solve anything. It hasn't in America (in fact, I'd argue the opposite, it has made things worse). Personally, I believe there are two differences that making guns relatively easy to obtain makes: It increases the chances of the perps turning up to attack someone fully tooled up, and it makes it easier for them to obtain bigger guns.

I personally don't think a total ban on guns in the US would work. Tightening up restrictions on who can get them in combination with several gun amnesties will help over several years though. It has in every other country they have done it.

BTW, they can laugh all they want. We have far fewer mass shootings.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote