Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 08:55   #5583
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I have always advocated protecting the vulnerable and allowing the virus to pass through the healthy population. As for the observation that there would not be a need for a second lockdown, that was before we knew that the new Kent variant was far more transmissable.

On your second point, it was only a few posts ago when you said you were 'looking forward' to restrictions being extended beyond 21 June. This despite the continuing hardship that would impose on those struggling to survive under these conditions, so I don't believe that you want this disruption to end at all.
Of course I look forward to the Government making a decision that effectively manages the pandemic as opposed to pandering to Great Barrington Declaration types. That provides the best outcome in both economic and health terms by avoiding a further total lockdown.

It’ll also allow this thread to move forward to consider future management of the pandemic when some finally accept June 22 isn’t happening.

Quote:
As for personalising this argument, you've got a nerve saying that, given your previous posts! Anyhow, if you want to call a truce to hostilities, I am all for that. Let's just keep to the argument. It is possible to agree to disagree.
I don’t view this as hostile, but claiming I’m judging my analysis based on personal preference just isn’t true.