View Single Post
Old 25-03-2020, 13:59   #7514
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
As far as i'm aware Disney have absolutely no interest in parterning with anyone, however that's not to say that won't change in the future.
I was not suggesting that Disney offers any discount to VM. I was suggesting that VM use the money they were paying Hayu to reduce the cost of Disney + to their top end subscribers.

Or maybe VM might consider bundling all the streamers and offering a discount on that to the value of the Hayu cost. Both Sky and VM are able to offer multiple TV channels at a discount so the same should be happening for a bouquet of streamers. Surely, this would generate more VM subscribers taking the full package, so it would be worth doing this.

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Hayu may have paid VM to get in front of their customers knowing that some of them will stay on and pay separately. However, I suspect that Comcast owning Sky and Hayu means that Hayu will channel any promotional deals towards Sky and not VM in the future.

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

Maybe they'll give us Sky Atlantic and free beer whilst they're at it.
On your first post, that was a hell of a long time for Hayu to be offering a freebie to Virgin Media, so I doubt that was the case. Three months maybe, six at a stretch, but no longer than that.

As for Comcast owning Sky and Hayu, that would certainly make perfect sense.

On the second post, I think the beer is more likely at this time!

Or maybe Corona lager...