View Single Post
Old 27-09-2019, 10:49   #6196
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I wear aids in both ears. But mainly I tend to wear just the one. That way I get a much more Spatial awareness that is much missing when you wear the 2.

If you've had a proper hearing test then they should be set up to the correctly, and they will take a bit of getting used to. They will end up sounding as naturally as hearing without them. Usually only takes a short time. Start off with a click or 2 lower on the volume if you're finding it hard to adjust, then increase it to the default setting over time.

Hearing aids when fitted correctly should feel like you're not wearing them at all but again could take a bit of time.
I will give it a shot lowing the volume for a while.

The problem when setting them up was it was difficult for them to get my voice to sound less 'scratchy' (cant think of a better term) without ruining all the other sound improvements, i guess i'll get used to the differences over the months.

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Hearing aids can only improve on the frequencies that you can hear. I can not hear alarms such as smoke alarms, alarm clocks or anything at a high'ish pitch, I have a vibrating pad under the sofa and bed to alert me if the smoke alarm goes off. This also affects speech as I can't hear certain frequencies when people talk. Doesn't matter how loud people talk, even at the IMAX cinema that is loud enough to make ears bleed I still can't understand what people are saying.
My hearing wasn't terrible i could make do without wearing them but usually have to look at someone and listen hard especially if they spoke softly or have a powerful accent which i can never understand.

When i cover my ears or attempted to adjust the position of the aids they whistle, can everyone else hear that or just me?

Still not sure if i can wear them in the cleanroom at work as i have to wear a hood covering the head, but it'll be a while before i attempt that.