Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 23:37   #80
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Is this a conversion? I would never argue with that!

Everything on one box is my mantra. Feel free to join the franchise at absolutely no cost!

Seriously, jfman, this is what people using streaming services are demanding. We just want one search list covering all the TV channels, players and streaming services. This makes everything so much easier.

I am concerned that VM may miss the boat, despite the inroads they have made to date. Ultimately, this could be their USP, if they really tried. Sky is in danger of taking the lead as things stand.
Easier for who?

None of the streaming sticks I use (Chromecast, Fire Stick, Now TV stick) operate in the manner you describe and neither does my Smart TV.

Sky have always pushed their content primarily with third parties getting pennies in wholesale revenue and lower prominence in the EPG.

While your wet dream of an all streaming future clearly needs a leg up from the incumbent providers my question is why would they bother? What’s the big alternative product that everyone will leave for?

They’ll naturally add streaming services where there’s value add for them. They’re not going to do it out of some altruistic virtue.