View Single Post
Old 28-07-2022, 09:04   #3838
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Updated: Boris resigns as party leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
I'm confused as to what the actual topic is.
I thought we were dealing with the fallout from Boris's resignation and what happens next, Maggy. Does the title need to be modified to reflect that, perhaps?

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
https://twitter.com/JAHeale/status/1552551146283323392

I wonder what the Tories think will happen if they continue to turn generations of people into renters rather than homeowners? The vote they're appealing to by preventing new homes is diminishing and the average age of a home buyer is ever increasing. I remember an article in The Spectator that said you can't expect people to be capitalists if they don't own any capital.
We certainly need more housebuilding, but this should not be concentrating on the south of the country. We need to bring new workplaces and housing into the more deprived areas as part of the levelling up process, with good incentives for people to move there.

---------- Post added at 09:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
https://twitter.com/JAHeale/status/1552551146283323392

Meanwhile Truss is demanding police cut crime by 20% without more funding. Unless in addition to massively increasing spending on defence, and on the NHS, she is also going to give more funding to the police whilst giving out massive tax cuts.

These people aren't serious politicians.
What Truss is saying is that she wants the police to concentrate on solving cases involving criminals instead of the petty stuff that occupies their time now, such as disputes between individuals on the internet, for example.

There is still the bureaucracy and inefficiencies to deal with. The NHS is not the only public body with this problem.