View Single Post
Old 26-05-2022, 19:08   #513
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Interesting. I wonder how much they will save by taking the TV channels onto streaming only. I thought the cost of keeping the linear services operating alongside streaming alternatives was just buttons.

Maybe I dreamt that…
Taking a TV Channel online-only is only a genuine thing if there is a commissioning/original programming budget. BBC4, if it is genuinely going to be 100% archive content only, is basically closed if it's online-only. A tab on an app is not a channel if there's no original content. Same with Radio 4 Extra when it comes to Radio.

CBBC, since there will be new content, can be considered as moving online.

I suspect some people (I don't mean you Old Boy) reading the news will interpret them moving online as them still being linear, because of the wording, and since they weren't in the demographic for BBC3, when that happened to it, they won't understand that it doesn't mean that.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote