View Single Post
Old 27-07-2008, 10:38   #12764
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarquin L-Smythe View Post
Ever the optimist I see a hint of the Govt saying that the ISP have the responsibility to make sure that they don't cross the line on spying,thus if the police do take action then the ISP cannot involve any Govt departments in their defence. Maybe
I did wonder about that. "Its legal if its legal; hey, we never said it is legal".

But sadly she defers to the Home Office (who've issued that advice note which strips web sites of the right to expect private unencrypted communication) and the ICO (who can't see anything seriously wrong with tens of thousands of people having their private communications intercepted twice).

I'd prefer to read something that indicates BERR understand the parasitic effect of systems like Phorm on ecommerce.

So I wrote to Baroness Vadera anyway. Just to remind her.