Thread: Climate Change
View Single Post
Old 23-06-2021, 15:21   #17
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Climate Change - sea level rises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I didn't view this map as scaremongering. Or that it's publisher was a
"Climate Crisis idiot" merely rehashing the way the earth cycles through the waxing and waning of ice ages over billions of years. I took it to be more of a heads up of how this particular warming will effect us.

Millions of years ago there were no large permanent human settlements that needed to be relocated but now we have human settlements that, in some cases, house millions of people.

Surely there is case for the effects of rising sea levels to be considered, especially when we live on an island where being able to live safely around our coasts has been something we have taken for granted

Or would you rather we wait and see? I am sure that countries such as the Netherlands aren't sitting back refusing to acknowledge what is going to happen. In fact they have been actively planning for several years.

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/peril-and-p...limate-change/
Agreed. Alternatively, you can put your head in the sand but you'll still get wet!
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote