View Single Post
Old 29-02-2008, 22:45   #329
aMIGA_dUDE
Inactive

aMIGA_dUDE is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77 & 102]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSon View Post
Am unsure if data generated by that will be any less valuable to Phorm than regular. I imagine that the data they can collect, whether it legitimate browsing or not gets sold in exactly the same way. And if it just a matter of selling in bulk, if you are 'spamming' them with data you are acually doing them a favour maybe.
No you wouldn't. The more rubbish they get worse there business will become. It a big issue even for likes of google.

http://www.schneier.com/essay-119.html

Now it would be trivial implemented this to make it imposable for them to know if this is going on. All the source code is already been made public with Firefox. Also it would be possible to gain information on business which advertise with this service. As such we could also hit them where it hurts as publishing list business that do business with Phorm would be easy as they Phorm will have to tell us to make money this is there akilies heal. Then go on to embargo those business with filters.

PS Phorm will not like have title of SPYCOMS, i don't care sue me!
Spying with communications in anyway then that is SPYCOMS.
Well done Phorm you have honer of being first business in the world to have title of SPYCOMS.