View Single Post
Old 30-01-2005, 12:15   #6
outlawridah
Inactive

outlawridah is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Can't Get Internet Access From Wireless Router NTL Broadband

Thanks alot for all your replies so quick.

I have the automatic configuration - DHCP enabled as the internet configuration, and 'obtain IP address automatically' on both the host and laptop computers.

I haven't forwarded any ports or reassigned DNS as of right now.

XP firewall disabled on both computers.
I have however enabled the router firewall - to block anonymous internet requests, filter multicasts and filter ident port 113 which was Default settings.

Security settings I have set on the router is 128 encryption, which means I have to key in the pass on the laptop with settings: 'open' connection type, 'WEP' enabled I have also unselected the tick box 'key is provided automatically' in the wireless connection settings.

I am aware that points 1-3 are correct, however unsure on these points
4) The router should be configured as a DHCP server, to provide addresses to the desktop and laptop.
I have selected automatic DHCP confiuration in router settings

5) The desktop and laptop should both be configured to obtain addresses automatically, i.e. via DHCP from the router.
I have selected 'obtain IP address automatically' and 'obtain DNS automatically' on both the host and laptop connection properties.

I have the cable modem connected to the 'internet' port of the router and the desktop in port 4. The desktop is only PC connected to the router.
outlawridah is offline   Reply With Quote