View Single Post
Old 16-10-2019, 21:44   #1323
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It’s been worse than that for a long time.

In my mind, this deal has to go through.

MPs need to ponder long and hard on the consequences if they block this. They will have solved nothing or stopped nothing and everyone has had enough.

For me, the May deal was enough ( and I said so at the time), although I could appreciate the backstop issues.

If this deal somehow gets around all of that and more, then it has to fly.

Bottom line is we will get nothing better, ever. It’s this or no deal.

But the remainers plan is to keep the nation in limbo ad infinitum, until we stay. Rejecting this deal, then Continually rejecting no deal, when there isn’t a deal apart from this deal, on the table, ........for ever.
The central point is with the backstop in place, it is job done, as far as Ireland is concerned. No future deals need to be done. That is why any interim(check your dictionary) "deal" must not include it. It is designed solely to prevent the possibility of future deals.
Link

Quote:
The Irish goal was to get the border into a legally binding withdrawal agreement – Dublin’s point of maximum leverage – rather than future trade relations, when Dublin would struggle to be heard.