View Single Post
Old 14-07-2022, 10:40   #5864
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
The crashes seemed linked to adverts, the apps not that new or demanding. In once case the app is fine if offline. Problem with the biggest crasher is they it doesn't sync all it's progress so you need support to move to new device.

The S8+ is much heavier and thicker than the S2. And the screen is an odd shape. I liked the more 16:10 ratio to the long thin one. The new tablet looks older now my greasy paws have been all over it. When the SD card arrives I can copy my music over.

Do I need to keep all the Samsung stuff? I removed Samsung kids.

Last night something crashed badly, ended up with a small image of the crashed app in top left and nothing else worked. Had to do a soft reboot (power/vol down) to get it back.

What I really was interested in is the pen. I want to be able to annotate and scribble on PDF's for my GDip course. Apple may do this "better" but iPads need to add pen as an extra and some apps I use are not and some never will be available on Apple. (WiFi analyzer - Apple rates this as a hacking tool (I believe) so you can't get it. Other apps the author only does Android versions.)
Best to use the tablet in landscape and paired with a Samsung magnetic book cover case, you should get used to it, modern tablet screens have a better aspect ratio but if someone insists on using it in portrait mode they may struggle with them.

Been using the official book case with my Tab S7 and it's a good weight and strong but it's not for someone who drops them on the corners.