Thread: A Duty To Die?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 17:52   #273
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: A Duty To Die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Mmm. As an attempt at deflecting the question this is pretty poor. I’m having a hard time deciding whether you don’t have an answer, or whether perhaps you don’t even understand the question.

Let me try it another way. This isn’t Parliament and nobody is asking you to set out legislation. What this is, is a discussion forum. For a discussion to move forwards you have to be able to defend and build on the position you choose to take.

Now, your opinion is that euthanasia should be permitted, and that it is ok as long as it is ‘properly regulated’. Fine, if that’s your opinion. But you said that several pages back. The problem is, opinions are like assoles. Everybody has one. So what. If you’re interested in having an actual discussion, as opposed to repeatedly excreting your opinion every eight hours, then you have to develop an argument. One way of doing that is to define, in some way, what you mean by ‘properly regulated’.

I’m curious to know whether you’re capable of doing that, or whether, when challenged, your only recourse is to parody and denigrate what you think other people believe.

Over to you.
I am quite capable of drafting some legislation, but don’t be silly. That would not amuse anyone on this forum, and frankly I would not waste my time.

Maybe I should ask you for a detailed medical plan to make the life of a dying person in pain so tolerable that their life is actually worth living.

No, I didn’t think so.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote