Thread: UK Timeline The X Files is back!
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 18:23   #53
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: The X Files is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I am only half way through season 6 atm so I don't know what the new stuff is like but I would like to think it can go on for a few more seasons. As with all long running series like SG1 and Grey's Anatomy they introduce new cast members to keep it fresh so I would like to think they can come up with a fantastic story for Scully's departure which pays tribute to the character whilst at the same time introducing somebody new who can offer a different dynamic to the Mulder-Scully relationship.
This happened briefly with the X-files already, Duchovny dispute etc and the show tanked. Sadly those ideas just won't work with this show, it's a cult classic. I'm confident they could run the show with a solo lead in Duchovny if they wanted to and still make it good. I just don't believe they should head down that route again and add an entirely new partner for Mulder. They should just expand on Miller and Einstein more to fill in a handful of episodes per season and have Mulder run solo in Mythology episodes and the other handful of Monster of the week episodes.

If they pulled off successful reactions to Miller and Einstein episodes they could seriously pass the torch over and continue into a modern day X-files using the old format with those two lead characters. The same way you make/reboot movies like Jumanji. It'll not be the old cult classic of old, which is what we're clinging to now, but at least the transition would be smooth.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 09-02-2018 at 18:28.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote