Thread: UK Timeline The X Files is back!
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 11:28   #52
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: The X Files is back!

Quote:
Will there be an X-Files without Gillian Anderson? Recently, creator Chris Carter spoke with Digital Spy about the future of the FOX TV show.

As reported earlier, the sci-fi drama’s 11th season will be the last for Anderson. The cast also includes David Duchovny, Mitch Pileggi, William B. Davis, Annabeth Gish, Lauren Ambrose, Robbie Amell, Veronica Cartwright, Chris Owens, and Dean Haglund.

In the interview, Carter revealed he thinks The X-Files has more story to tell, with or without Anderson’s Dana Scully.

“I think that certainly The X-Files has more life in it, there are more stories to tell, with Gillian or without. I’m sorry to see her go, I’ve never actually considered doing this show without her, so is this the end?

It’s the end of something, I don’t know if it’s the beginning of something new. But certainly we will have to all put our heads together and figure out where to go from here.”

And what about the end of season 11? Will it be a series finale? Will there be a conclusion for Scully? Carter says:

“It’s a culmination of the ten episodes and it’s a culmination of a storyline. I can tell you that it involves their son, who they’ve always considered to be their son, revelations there. It will certainly be looked upon as a cliffhanger of sorts, but also an episode that answers so many questions.”
I am only half way through season 6 atm so I don't know what the new stuff is like but I would like to think it can go on for a few more seasons. As with all long running series like SG1 and Grey's Anatomy they introduce new cast members to keep it fresh so I would like to think they can come up with a fantastic story for Scully's departure which pays tribute to the character whilst at the same time introducing somebody new who can offer a different dynamic to the Mulder-Scully relationship.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote