View Single Post
Old 15-11-2016, 13:27   #3613
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Oh nash I'm so sorry to hear this has happened.

Nash it is my understanding that this is case: your insurers may then seek to recover their costs from the Council if they feel the Council has been at fault. A successful recovery by your insurers will mean that your premiums and any no claim discounts are unlikely to be affected. Double check before claiming that this is the case.

Personally I would try the route of claiming the council first but I would phone my insurance and let them know your intentions and that you will be in further contact if the council refuse your claim.

This link may be of use in where you could make a claim online if this your council, if not your local council will have similar links but here is the link for South Lanarkshire https://www.southlanarkshire.gov.uk/...st_third_party and see where that takes you.

Nash I would not pay out as the council might dispute your claim therefore their is no guarantee of getting any money owed to you. I suspect that the council will do everything to avoid making this a easy claim and try and put obstacles in your way.

Good luck with whatever route you take.

Last edited by weenie; 15-11-2016 at 13:37.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote