View Single Post
Old 22-06-2023, 12:57   #4
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Bank of England raises Interest Rate to 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Having taken out a five-year fix this time last year, my smug-level is off the scale right now, though it is tempered by the knowledge that this is going to royally screw over a lot of people. I’m old enough to remember the news in the 1980s when similar events ruined a lot of people though thankfully not old enough to have had to have navigated it myself.
Having paid off my mortgage last year, I'm even smugger. Our deal ended last year and I didn't like what was on offer, so we raided every account and any other thing we had.

Like wise I remember the early 90's, but more recently I remember pre-2008.

The problem is we have had too low interest rates for too long.