View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 10:40   #5541
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Several were posted several weeks ago but you seem to have developed convienent memory loss as usual..
Those links were just journalistic speculation. Netflix have just confirmed again that they will not introduce advertising. I think I would rather put my money on what the company says than on any wild rumours.

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
On the contrary it’s not my dystopian future. It’s yours!

Advertising spend is at something like $600bn globally. TV accounts for an estimated 40% of this and TV (as we know it), you continue to remind us, will cease to exist.

That’s people that advertisers need new and innovative ways to target. Or, you could just offer a wad of cash to a streamer that’s in debt to the tune of $20bn. As ever it’s simply a matter of economics.
So what if 40% of advertising is via TV? Is that supposed to worry Netflix?

Anyhow, TV advertising will not dry up simply because the linear channels disappear. There will be plenty of AVOD services around by that time.