View Single Post
Old 20-12-2017, 11:15   #3784
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I never get the hate towards SD. In fact sometimes i forget to even switch to the HD version of a channel. I'm certainly not bothered about ultra HD. I really can't be bothered seeing the pores on peoples faces or the beads of sweat. That doesn't really intrigue me that much.

Maybe i'm stuck in the past...i remember the days before digital and my concern being trying to pick up channels with my indoor aerial and watching a ton of grey fuzzy cloud half the time. I'd have died for SD then... so i'm always grateful to not have to deal with that poxy indoor aerial anymore
I'm the complete opposite
I always watch the HD variant if there is one, which most channels now have. The picture quality is much better, specially when it comes fast moving pictures such as sport or action movies.
I won't go as far as saying SD hurts my eyes...but it does lol

I watched some Blue Planet II in UHD on the iplayer...it's looks amazing. We should be embracing the new technology...specially with HDR now, everything looks so much more vibrant

VM probably won't push out the HDR update until some UHD content comes along, which hopefully isn't too far into the future