View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 12:02   #10
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Last Flextech channel standing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Pick on Freesat is just a great big advert for Sky, showing stuff that was on Sky One a decade ago and running endless commercials for what’s currently on Sky Sports, Movies and Atlantic.

If you use the skip forwards button on my Freesat remote to dodge the adverts, two presses brings you precisely to the end of the branded goods section of the commercial break and onto the beginning of about a minute of Sky ‘coming soon’ stuff. That section is too short to use the skip button again, so you have to fast-forward, which means you see the Sky showreel, even if at 4x speed, even if you don’t hear it.

I have always thought that Sky has only ever valued FTA channels as a way of promoting their paywall content. The paywall stuff is what their business model rests on and I can’t see them doing anything to undermine it.
I kind of agree, although I would say that Sky Arts and Real Lives are not channels of mass appeal, so I think Richard could be right in his assessment of this.

I think your points are also relevant, Chris, and Sky would not contemplate doing the same for any of its flagship channels that attract viewers to the satellite system (Sky One/Two and Sky Atlantic).
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote