Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 09:58   #6051
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
However, history dictates actually you are

Burke, Green and Civil Service Ethics

Members of Parliament (MPs) are representatives, not delegates. Burke himself said the following to his constituents, having been returned as an MP: "Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays instead of serving you if he sacrifices it to your opinion." In other words, MPs should act in what they judge to be the public interest - not as advocates for the interests of their constituents and therefore not necessarily in the way that their constituents might wish them to vote, nor even necessarily in the interests of their own constituency.
This is why you need to seriously wake up and read up these discussions on this forum. Like Piere stated, you’re late to the party and it’s about high time you realised that what I say and post on here, I stand by, so stop telling me I’m wrong when I’m not, I’m not interested in your little history lesson.