View Single Post
Old 29-12-2018, 11:21   #4877
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
To me it has a date and time due to it being live sport? That is not linear. It's just live.

Also when Netflix state a date and time for a new episode of a series, that is just the availability of it on the service. It's still not linear. You can watch it any time after its added. It's usually new shows that air weekly in the US, so they areaking them available as soon as possible. For example Star Trek discovery added new episodes each week last year at 8am the morning after it aired in the US.

Doesn't make it linear.
The stuff on YouTube I'm referring to isn't live. It highlights of a fight that took place last week.

I get the point you're making about shows from abroad becoming available on netflix etc... Always wondered why prime released episodes of the grand tour every Thursday at midnight. For me anyway it's no different to top gear being broadcast on a Sunday night at 9pm each week. Both shows are unavailable until a specific date at a specific time. You can watch it as soon as it becomes available or watch it at your own convenience either by streaming or pvr for the TV broadcast.

Last edited by Chad; 29-12-2018 at 11:33.