Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 16:20   #4702
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Business will have had 5yrs from the referendum to prepare if they haven't then they only have themselves to blame for burying their heads in the sand.

I would prefer if we were leaving in March with no deal.
The problem is (from what I understand) that for a lot of businesses, Theresa May's government haven't communicated much more actual information than they've given the public. Brexit means Brexit is a good sound bite, but no help if you are planning changes to your product distribution or planning for supplies . Where the government have given specific data to businesses, it's only been given after they sign a non-disclosure agreement (which makes me think things are a lot worse than we've been told).

As for no deal. Nice idea, but listening to people who actually work with WTO rules rather than a couple of politicians who have little or no experience in international trade, I'm inclined to believe it would be considerably worse for the economy than what we have now. It could take decades to negotiate membership, and until we do, we are likely to pay high tariffs.